The staff at Boulders Conference Center strives to make each event enjoyable. Clients and their guests agree to adhere to Boulders’ policy during events. Please contact us at 712.263.5577 if you have additional questions or need clarification.
Confirmation and Payment
- The deposit must be paid within seven days of making a reservation to confirm the date/room. If the deposit is not received, the space may be rented to another party without notification.
- The client’s deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is more than 6 months prior to an event. If cancellation occurs between 3 to 6 months of a client’s event, 50 percent of the deposit will be refunded. If cancellation occurs within 3 months of an event, the entire deposit is forfeited. All notices of cancellation must be received in writing.
- Rent is due before or on the day of use unless prior arrangements have been made between Boulders and the client regarding billing.
- The rental period is for the entire day. Your event must conclude by 1:00 a.m. For example, if you rent the facility for May 1, your event must end no later than 1:00 a.m. on May 2.
- Regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Clients need to arrange with Boulders staff to enter the facility outside regular business hours for decorating or to prepare for an event.
- There is a discount available for nonprofit organizations. It is the sole responsibility of the client to notify Boulders staff of nonprofit status. Clients may be asked to show proof of nonprofit status in order to receive the discounted rate. Refunds for nonprofit rate will not be issued after an event is completed.
Facility Use and Expectations
- Pursuant to the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, no smoking is allowed in public buildings. And because Boulders Conference Center is a government-owned facility, there is also no smoking in the parking lot, on the grounds, or on the deck. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas. Anyone who persists in smoking outside these designated areas will be asked to leave the premises.
- Boulders staff will be on the premises and work all events.
- Details for setup and scheduling vendor entry to the facility will be finalized approximately 4 weeks prior to large parties and 2 weeks prior to smaller business events.
- There is no entertainment fee. A dance floor available for rent. It is portable and measures up to 24’ x 24’. The dance floor can be made smaller for smaller events or if two parties are renting different rooms. Size of the dance floor is determined by staff, based on attendance and room layout.
- If there is a DJ or band, or if it is intended for people to dance, the dance floor must be rented.
- A sound meter will be used to monitor decibel levels during events. For large parties, peak levels may reach 100 dB, with a consistent range not exceeding 85-95 dB.
- The facility is Wireless Internet accessible. There is no fee for Internet service while you are at Boulders for a paid event.
- Confer with Boulders staff regarding the use and placement of exhibitor booths and/or materials. Small trade fairs may be accommodated and will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Repairs for any damage occurring to the facility or its property during an event will be paid by the client who rented the facility when damage occurred.
- Regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Clients need to arrange with Boulders staff to enter the facility outside regular business hours for decorating or to prepare for their event.
- Clients may decorate the day of their event. Clients may inquire about making arrangements to come in during normal business hours the day before their event to decorate if the facility is not rented the day prior to their event. The only way to guarantee set up the day before is to rent the facility for that day as well.
- If clients choose to decorate outside normal business hours, an hourly fee may be charged in order to have staff on site.
- There will be no hanging, taping, or nailing of anything to the walls or windows. Items can be brought in to set on the floor or tables.
- Candles in an enclosed container at least 6 inches in height or approved candelabra are acceptable. To be sure selected containers meet fire code, clients should bring a sample to the facility for inspection prior to their event. Open flames are not permitted.
- If tablecloths and/or table skirts are desired, they must be rented through the conference center. We have other linen items available, such as napkins, chair covers, and table runners – these items may be rented through Boulders or another vendor. Talk with Boulders staff about options.
- Decorating with confetti, tinsel, and/or glitter is not allowed.
- Clients and their guests are expected to leave the facility in the same condition as when they arrive. All personal items and decorations must be removed at the conclusion of the event. If anything other than minor clean up is needed to prepare for the next group, clients may be billed for additional labor and/or repairs.
- All soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are provided through Majestic Hills Golf Course. Arrangements may be made to have the beverage bill added to your Boulders Conference Center bill if one payment is preferred. Please speak with conference center staff to make arrangements prior to your event.
- Depending on the size of the event, one or two bar stations are available. Bar service is coordinated through Majestic Hills Golf Course.
- Beverage wait staff is available through Majestic Hills Golf Course upon request.
- Kegs are not permitted.
- Up to five bottles of wine, champagne, or a sparkling non-alcoholic beverage may be brought in for an event. A $10 corking fee per bottle will be charged. All special requests must be discussed with Majestic Hills Golf Course by calling 712.263.5194.
- The kitchen at the Boulders Conference Center is set up as a warming kitchen, which means it is for storing and serving pre-prepared food. Warming equipment is available. No cooking, grilling, or frying is permitted. All food brought in must be cooked before coming into the facility.
- Boulders does not have china, flatware, or glassware for meals. A limited amount of glassware is available for bar service only. The caterers provide disposable dinnerware, unless otherwise specified. Work directly with your caterer if you’d like china and glassware.
- High-quality plastic wine goblets are available for events. See pricing information sheet.
- Clients are allowed to bring in their own pre-cooked food for events of less than 100 people. A kitchen fee is assessed based on the number of guests in attendance. The kitchen fee for up to fifty (50) guests is $50. The kitchen fee for 51 to 100 guests is $100. This fee is charged whether or not the kitchen is used.
- A caterer must be hired from Boulders approved list for events with more than 100 guests.
- Donuts, pastries, cookies, nuts, mints, punch, iced tea, and coffee may be brought in without being charged a kitchen fee. All other food items require a kitchen fee or must be brought in by an approved caterer, as previously outlined.
- Boulders does not have fountains for rent. However, due to the time required for cleanup, anyone bringing and using a champagne/punch fountain or a chocolate fountain will be assessed a cleaning fee of $50 per fountain.
Policy is subject to change without notice.