No matter how big or small, there are certain activities that must take place when planning a meeting. We’ve outlined the basics to get you started.
- What are the meeting objectives? What outcomes do you want?
- What is your overall budget?
- Do you need to assign tasks or set up a committee?
- How many people will be attending?
- What are the space requirements?
- Do you need to serve food? A meal, or hors d’oeuvres?
- Will you include special outings or activities, such as golf?
- Contact the venue to reserve space.
- Determine the theme, if any.
- Begin formulating an agenda.
- Secure speakers and facilitators.
- Promote the meeting to attendees.
- Finalize details with venue and any outside contractors to coordinate the day’s events.
- Ship any necessary materials to the meeting site.
- Show up and enjoy!
An event planner, usually provided by the venue, provides a wealth of information you should tap into. Don’t be afraid to ask questions if this is all new to you. You can also check out our local resources at https://www.bookboulders.com/plan-your-event/.